Vanguard Wins TIPA Award for Best Tripod and Best Camera Bag
Vanguard, a leading provider of photography accessories, announced today 2 TIPA awards for Best Tripod and Best Camera Bag.
On April 8th the Technical Image Press Association assembled in Lisbon, Portugal to vote on the 2018 TIPA Awards in 40 imaging industry categories. Editors of 29 professional, amateur, and business photo magazines and online sites from Asia, Australia, South America, and North America, with a delegate from the Camera Journal Press Club in Japan, chose those products that represent the industry’s best among a wide range of categories.
The following awards have been issued to Vanguard for 2018:
- Best Tripod: Alta Pro 2+ 263CGHT Carbon Fiber Tripod Kit with Grip Head
- Best Camera Bag: Alta Fly 55T 4-Wheel Roller Bag / Backpack
“The team at Vanguard is humbled and honored by the recognition by TIPA. The recent awards are a result of Vanguard’s hard work and commitment to excellence” said Josh Pawlak, Director of Global Marketing. “Vanguard has put the team and collection strategy in place to continue producing innovative, award-winning products that are of great quality, easy to use, and affordable.
BEST TRIPOD: Alta Pro 2+ 263CGHT Carbon Fiber Tripod
With back-to-back TIPA awards for the prestigious Alta Pro 2+ tripod, the latest win showcases the intuitive design of which Vanguard is capable.
Among the many features that make this tripod stand out:
- Patented Multi-Angle Central Column that can be set up to almost any position in seconds, providing maximum versatility for any style of photography, from macro to landscape.
- Leading edge quarter-turn twist Rapid Action Locks that combine the best of flip and twist locks for rapid setup.
- Four leg angle settings (20°, 40°, 60° and 80°), clearly marked for precision.
- Newly Designed Alta GH-300T Grip Head with a built-in 2.5mm DC shutter release cable input jack that most DSLR’s will be able to utilize.
|MATERIAL||Carbon Fiber||LEG ANGLES||4 (20°, 40°, 60° and 80°)|
|LOADING CAPACITY||6 KG | 13.2 LBS||LEG LOCKS||35° Rapid Action Lock|
|WEIGHT||2.44 KG | 5.4 LBS||HEAD||Alta GH-300T|
|EXTENDED HEIGHT||1732 MM | 68.2 IN||QUICK SHOE||QS-60 V2 (Arca Swiss Compatible)|
|FOLDED LENGTH||700 MM | 27.5 IN||BUBBLE LEVEL||3|
|MIN. TRIPOD HEIGHT||230 MM | 9 IN||ROTATION||360 Degree|
|LEG DIAMETER||26 MM||INCLUDED||Tripod Bag and QS-60 V2|
BEST CAMERA BAG: Alta Fly 55T Rolling Bag / Backpack
Aiming to provide the ultimate gear-carrying and working solution for professional photographers, the Alta Fly 55T offers a new level of versatility to match the constantly changing gear and personal needs of the on-the-go, traveling photographer.
The Alta Fly 55T is a super compact carry-on* four-wheel trolley backpack that packs a lot more than you would imagine. It will fit 2 CSCs (Compact System Cameras) with up to 6 lenses, or 2 DSLRs with 4-5 lenses (up to 300mm f/4), a flash unit and accessories. It also carries and protects up to a 14” laptop, a tablet and a tripod.
- Carry on – Meets the strictest airline on-board size and form factor restrictions*
- Versatile transportation - Agile four-wheel trolley plus ‘fold out of the way’ advanced backpack harness
- Well organized – Numerous dedicated pockets, organizers, and connectors for all essentials
- Business-oriented - Holds a 14" laptop + tablet
- Stay steady - Optimal balance tripod carrying system
- Keep dry - Total coverage rain cover
|INSIDE DIMENSIONS||310 × 115 × 410 MM|
|OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS||345 × 220 × 550 mm|
|WEIGHT||3.86 KG | 8.5 LBS|
|COLOR||BLACK EXTERIOR WITH ORANGE INTERIOR|
Vanguard is a company that anticipates industry trends and is striving to provide a complete range of innovative photography solutions. The Alta Collection by Vanguard is an exclusive and stylish series of tripods, heads, camera bags, and accessories with never-before-seen features.
Vanguard is a global company that designs and manufactures tripods, bags, sporting optics, and accessories. For over 30 years, our drive to disrupt mediocrity and commitment to innovation has allowed us to create the highest quality products for photographers and outdoor enthusiasts at an affordable price.
Vanguard’s founders credit their success to the people, across the globe, who have given supportive and valuable feedback about product features and price points over the past three decades. This focus on listening to the market’s needs and wants has inspired Vanguard to create products with first-of-its-kind features, notable reliability, and impressive price points.
“Over the past three years, Vanguard has changed the way we create products. The design teams have demonstrated true care for the photographers that are going to use these products. Our goal was not to design and manufacture something beautiful, but also to be first to bring collections to the market that will define the user’s experience.” said Joshua Pawlak, Global Marketing Director at Vanguard.